Friday, June 13, 2008

What IS This Liquid?

Yesterday I was sitting at the computer browsing my current obsession ( ebay) when Goober #1 announces he "has to pee Mommy". Off he goes with Goober #2 (Lord knows the girl can't let him pee in private) up the stairs. I continue with my obsession (while listening to their banter upstairs..."No", "Go away", "I gotta pee Sissy"...) only to be interrupted by a "drip, drip, drip". I look towards the living room to see a couch pillow with a large wet spot getting dripped on from our CEILING, which is right over...that's right, the bathroom!

I rush upstairs, and although I didn't hear water running...I was SURE they had secretly turned it on. I hit the landing, rounded the corner only to see Goober #1 still hanging out by the potty and Goober #2 just outside the door. No water on. Hmm...how odd. Only to look down at the floor and see a huge puddle. Apparently Goober #1 managed to get as far as his pants down before he peed on the floor...OVER the floor vent.Now, if ya know about old homes, ya know in 1941 some "vents" were actually holes in the floor so the heat would rise from the chimney or furnace. So, what I assumed was our children playing in water and it seeping through the floor, was actually our son not making it to the potty, peeing on the floor and thus dripping urine through the living room ceiling. Ahh...good times, good times.

No comments: