Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Race for the Nut House..er...White House

Usually I am quiet when it comes to politics but who is as fed up as I am with all this garbage they call the bid for Democratic Nominee?! The trash being slung by the 2 lead candidates is tiresome and saddening. Seems these 2 like hurling insults at one another so much they keep forgetting the issues. Instead we get their time eaten away by telling us what he said or she said. Jeez! Are these 2 and 3 year olds or people who actually WANT us to vote them into the top office in the country? Hmmm... And to have all the snipe that has been spewed regurgatated to me like I'M the 2 year old is beyond annoying. It's insulting. I am capable of reading a newspaper folks!

I'd like to scream, "Just tell me what YOU are gonna do about this mess overseas, the healthcare mess HERE at home, what about jobs here, what about the tax system and taxes themself...?! How are YOU going to fix it?!" I don't want to hear about his being black, her being white, what his/her spouse said...blah, blah, blah. Get off the playground kids and get serious with us voters. Otherwise, like me, they may abandon your "cause" and support a candidate who has the experience, knowledge, and ability to stay out of the mud. Besides, you are all part of the same PARTY!!! Your viewpoints are not that different, I know, I've ACTUALLY read them.

The sad thing is...this is just the start. If I think the insults are bad now I only have to wait until the Republican and Democratic nominees square off. No wonder so many people have no desire to vote. Although I am reminded of the shirt with Bush's face on it that says: 'Next time you'll vote won't ya Hippie?' I know I will vote. What about you? You gonna vote or has all this soured you?

No comments: