Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Back to School Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,
       In a few days the children will be starting back to school. Another summer has passed so quickly. It was gone before it was even here. I feel as though I haven't had enough time to do anything I had wanted to do with them, or say to them, or teach them. The end of Summer always reminds me how quickly time passes Lord.
     I feel as if I have been so wrapped in : "Pick that up." "No, you can't have more candy." "Seriously, child we just ate dinner and you are hungry?!" that I have missed so many opportunities Lord. Seems like just yesterday I was praying for them all to be potty trained so I could be "diaper-free" (HALLLUJAH!), and now they are all going to be in school full-time. Stupid diapers.
     I pray, Dear Father, that You are with them, guiding them and supporting them. I pray You help me be the Mom that they need me to be this coming school year. Be with them when I can't Father. Strengthen their knowledge that even during school's "tough" times, You are guiding them and strengthening them. May they not grow into the men and woman I want them to be, but the men and woman You NEED them to be.
     I pray for their teachers Lord. That they may light the fires of learning. That even though they may become frustrated Lord, that they find strength and determination to reach every child and allow them to blossom. May they not be discouraged or unkind. Strengthen them during those hard times. Speak to their hearts.
     I pray for the children's' and their school's safety Dear Lord. That their school be a haven of learning and fun and friendship and safety.
     I know the children are only mine for the blink of an eye Lord. I know they are Yours for eternity. So when I can't be there to protect them while they are at school Lord, I simply ask that You are.
     Thank you for all You have done, all You are doing and all You will do.

     In Your Heavenly Name, Amen.
    

No comments: