Thursday, January 20, 2011

You Got Sumptin' To Say?

I think I'm on craft blog overload. SO many craft blogs. I finally had to stop reading them so I would actually DO one of the frippin' crafts!

One of the crafts was a simple decoupage of wooden clothespins. The kids painted them, I used scrapbook paper to place on the front with a bit of glue and sealed them with some sealer I had on hand. I then hot glued the lil' suckers (the clothespins, not the kids) onto the wall and hung the children's artwork from them. Tidied up my fridge and they LOVE the fact that their drawings are now our wall art. Easy-peasy!
And a bit messy...but fun. Also great to change the pictures/drawings out for new ones.

The next project was taken from: http://brownpaper--packages.blogspot.com/2009/09/seasonal-wood-blocks.html  Just a heads up in case you do what I did...those 4x4's are actually 4x4x4's (blocks). I hear you snickering at me...Look I saw 4x4...knew I had some...didn't register the POST part of it...phhttt... No worries, instead of 7 blocks I ended up with 14 (2 letters per block) thinner squares. It will actually work better for me that they are 4x4s since I can put them on a narrow shelf along the wall.

Another great thing is since I had the 4x4s from a project the husband & I didn't finish, and glue, and sanding paper already on hand; the only things to purchase were the letters and paint for the blocks. I had gotten a gift card for Christmas to a craft store AND the letters were on sale..SCORE!! The paint was simple acrylic paint from Walmart for $1.57. ♪Happy♫ Here is my finished version (minus the rest of the letters, but you get the point)
Besides the fact that the children chose the paint and letter colors, the best part of the whole craft was when my husband came home...I heard him mumble, "What is a dokdot ?!" He was reading the back of the blocks! ROFL!! If you try this craft, post a picture..I'd love to see your version.

No comments: